Tuesday, April 29, 2008

eucalyptus and magpei



In April the weather in Adelaide is so cold that we are able to feel winter coming soon. Leaves of some trees turned to yellow, red and brown, falling down to street where we can enjoy walking on the leaves’ rug. Walking along the Torrens River, we always feel like to stop to smell eucalyptus.
This smell impacted upon my brain when I came in the Adelaide. The smell was like sweet honey with natural cream. I did not know where its smell came from, therefore I explored in the large park behind Kathleen Lumley College, the dormitory of university, to find it out. I walked down to Torrens River and saw big trees which had no bark but beautiful white skin on the body. Somebody told me those trees were kind of eucalyptus. I could be convinced Australia was the country of eucalyptus. Furthermore, I was associated a koala sleeping in its mother’s pouch immediately. The atmosphere was peaceful enough to make me feel like sleeping on the grass, watching crystal blue sky.
At the same time I came across some strange birds staring at me for a long time. They were similar to crows except that they have beautiful voice, and black and white body. Later I realize they were representative of birds in South Australia called magpie. Somehow I became to like the birds and the trees. Those magpies were always composing idyll under the big eucalyptus at dawn. They had correct time more than my old watch.
Since then, I have been in Adelaide for 10 month and I am going to leave in two more months. I cannot believe how fast time is gone from my life. I definitely miss these scenes stuck in my brain deeply.
Will I come back to this place in the future? I am not sure if I have any chance to come back or not. It would be a last chance to see such a beautiful country where people lay back all of time and love their nature.

It is time to start to conceive what to do in Japan…












1 comment:

Mind-boggling said...

Hi!

So you stayed here for about year? Seems like a beautiful place to live in :)

Kathleen Lumley is on my place-to-stay list during my post graduate study in Adelaide. But I need to know other people opinions about this place.

If you don't mind, can I contact you for further queries?

Thank you!

-Tami-